IR input

I have an IR remote control. This I got when I bought (PixelView) TV Tuner card sometime back. Now I want to use it as a input device. How can I use it? Any idea will be highly appreciable.

Please note that I dont have the sensor (for PC) that came with the package. Now, What are the options for me, to have input into the PC?

Thanks and Regards,

-Neo

Reply to
Neo

I think that your best option would be to get a sensor. There are plenty of schematics and free code at this address

Peter

Reply to
Peter

What type of sensor should I buy from market, any specification etc.? Which type of interface and connector type it has for connection to the system? Are these generic sensors?

Thanks,

-Neo

Reply to
Neo

Infrared Remote Solutions

has a couple of inexpensive serial and USB modules as well as a zillion remote controls.

Noel

Reply to
Noel Henson

Just wanted to add to Noels post - I've been using the Infrared remot solutions modules, and they are really neat. Can be recommended.

Best regards,

/ Joseph

Reply to
Joseph Höfer

I'm glad you like them. (I'm IRSI's external electronics and firmware designer for many of their products (include the receiver modules)) :)

Noel

--
Noel Henson
www.noels-lab.com       Chips, firmware and embedded solutions