In-Circuit programming of XC9500XL with PIC18F

I'm interested to know if anyone has successfully programmed a Xilinx XC9500XL CPLD with a PIC18F using the Xilinx JTAG/TAP port. I've been reading Xilinx app note 058 and it looks feasible. The inbound data stream (SVF or XSVF file) would be coming into the PIC18F via a USB connection. This is for the purposes of occasional field-upgrades, not the frequent reconfigurations you would have with an FPGA using the USB & PIC combination to eliminate its boot PROM.

--
Rob
Reply to

It's possible. Been doing it for years.

However, still using Foundation 3.1i because the .svf file generated is a reasonable size. I load the .xvf image into the uC flash memory then launch the JTAG flash routine.

Did an .xvf to .h (Const data) translator in Delphi to link to HiTech-18 compiler.

Reply to
jyaron