IAR EWARM vs NXP ARMs, again

o when I was writing some

the hex file. =A0

According to tech support, it is the linker and it is automatic as long as you don't remove or change the label for the appropriate vector. But that might be a recent innovation.

ry nice IDE, and there are

I actually use it (although an older version) extensively at work for ARM7 projects. We've moved away from IAR for MSP430 - Rowley is better, not to mention cheaper. I do use the Kickstart version for some of my home MSP430 projects; since they upped the code size from

2K to (?)8K, it's become really useful for a wide range of projects.

For AVR, I use WinAVR at home and Rowley at work. I don't work with PIC if I can avoid it, but when I do, I'm either using raw asm or CCS's compiler.

The thing is, those work projects were all old (>10 years, some of them) projects that have been rolled into progressively newer and newer compilers. They've been on EWARM for a long time already and all the magical build steps are set up (some of them being seriously magical).

Reply to
larwe

I wasn't selling

It is you than does knee jerk reactions. Time after time after time....

Chris H

Am 02.07.2010 20:03, schrieb Chris H:

That's rich, coming from you of all people.

You don't get to make that particular accusation stick until you manage _not_ to throw in you standard reaction as soon as anyone dares to as much as mention any open-source tool. You're by far the most reliable knee-jerker around here, and I'm sure you know that.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker