I'm a bit lost on WinAVR (make problem?)

I've only been playing with WinAVR for a few days with this little project

(the source code is there as well)

I'm using their makefile.

The problem is when I try to modify a line in usbdrv.h in PN2 , I'm only trying to change the port pin where the USB data comes in.

When I do "make clean" then "make all" the hex files are identical, so the mods I did to the usbdrv.h file are not being re-compiled. Any changes in main.c work fine

I've done the obvious "makefile 101" on google, but I'm still lost, (but I'm very happy that I've got this far)

thanks

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

I tried to build it and changes in usbdrv.h does produce different results, as far as I can tell changes to pins should be done in usbconfig.h

the makefile is a bit stupid, it doesn't make any dependencies on include files etc. , so most of the time you have to do a 'make clean' and then 'make' to make it do anything

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Thanks for that, I'll have another go. I found out about make clean quite early on. I've learn't one hell of a lot in the last couple of days :)

It's difficult to imagine life without newsgroups

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Hmmmm, I put WinAVR on a different PC, and it now works.

Frustrating

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith