How to use E or F ports as Serial port in RCM 3700

hi,

i know how to use serial port C and D in RCM 3700, but i want one more serial port it may be B or E or F. but i am unable to use as C & D, it is sending some garbage values if i sends to hyperterminal through E and F.

please help me to Use one of the port out of them.

thank you in advance

sagar.kandikatla

I have no idea what sort of micro the "RCM 3700" is, but I'd start by dumping hyperterminal and trying a proper terminal emulator program. It might not solve your problem, but it will eliminate that unreliable program. I don't want to start yet another "/my/ terminal emulator is better than /your/ terminal emulator" thread - just search the comp.arch.embedded archives for "hyperterminal" and you'll find plenty of advice.

Reply to
David Brown

Have you set the baud rate correctly? What hardware have you got the RCM3700 plugged into, your own or a development kit?

Reply to
Rob Horton