How to assign modbus addresses to slave devices?

PC application is connected to master Gateway embedded controller over USB. Gateway is connected to number of slave embedded controllers over Modbus RTU.

I need to assign Modbus addresses to slave devices. Somehow I need to inform PC

application as to what slave devices are on the modbus. Then, PC application would assign 8-bit modbus addresses (through gateway) to slave devices.

Any ideas how modbus addresses can be assigned, configured, or programmed in slave devices.

janii

USB.

slave

Never mind! I got my question answered.

janii

you should post a brief answer to your question.

Oliver

--
Oliver Betz, Munich
despammed.com is broken, use Reply-To: