Help needed for AX88796 drivers

I´m trying to develop as small embedded system with a 32bit microcontroller and other peripherals an a fpga. I would like to add a little webserver to the system, but I have a problem with basic setup. The ax88796 drives the interrupt of the microcontroller and the ethernet packets are transferred in the system ram. I´t appears sometimes that the AX88796 does not receive the packet and does not generate the interrupt, altough i sent a packet to it. I know this because the system does nothing else as responding to arp and icmp requests (the routines are taken from asix and national references) and sometimes ping request are not received, altough i´m sure that they´ve been sent from the pc (thanks to ethereal packet sniffer).

Any ideas, known bugs, etc?

thanks

Reply to
msd