Have you ever considered of mousing ambidextrously?

Two separate things, really. That's what the 'And' is about. They are:

1) I suggest to reduce mouse-induced stress by reducing mouse usage. The way of doing that is by using the keyboard more. Shortcuts, keyboard-friendly tools, that kind of thing. 2) While at it, and to make 1) more workable, it's a good idea to learn typing properly. I find it absolutely amazing how many people, after working a computer for the best part of their work day, for decades, still type in the two-finger circle-find-hack system.

Two mice, two sets of settings. Each set up correctly once, works forever. If the drivers are too silly to do that --- well, this is the embedded newsgroup, after all, so get the tools out and fix the hardware.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker

I use "shortcuts" myself. But that is not touch typing, that is using shortcut keystrokes.

Reply to
rickman

The best thing I ever did, being lefthanded and suffering from RSI a while ago, was buying a tablet (Wacom). Despite being lefthanded, I am "mousing" right handed (soldering as well, as a matter of fact). I started having RSI problems and went out and bought a track ball. After a while the problems reoccurred and I bought a Wacom tablet. RSI problems vanished. Now I am using both. The tablet is used for all "normal" operations while I use the trackball for CAD work and PCB layout, which require precise positioning. It is extremely handy to use both for this, because while the trackbal allows me to position a component or track, I can move to a menu in no time (takes "long" to do with a trackball). So the combination of tablet (left hand), trackball (right hand) and keystrokes (both hands) is absolutely the fastest way to operate my computer.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

I have been using a mouse in the left hand for years. Mousing doesn't take much dexterity (please no Latin references). Mousing left-handed leaves my right hand free to type.

Reply to
Richard Henry

... snip ...

OK, no Latin. You are using a deisel mouse widdershins :-)

--
Read about the Sony stealthware that is a security leak, phones
home, and is generally illegal in most parts of the world.  Also