H8S23XX decompiler

Hi, I need to decompile a program of H8S23XX into C/C+ . Can someone recommend a software.

Thank you, SL.

Reply to
Coder

Coder wrote in news:e73b790f-3c53-429b-8412- snipped-for-privacy@q30g2000prq.googlegroups.com:

try with Google.

Bye Jack

--
http://motoko.dyndns.org
Reply to

I can't recall the URL, but it's the same site that hosts the software that correctly predicts stock prices, horse races and lotto numbers...

IOW, you're SOOL. :(

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,

IDAPro can get you back to assembly language. A C/C++ decompiler doesn't exist in general.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

From time to time someone asks about a decompiler and the sooner or the later a reply with the spirit above shows up...

While decompilation is not a trivial task is not akin "horse races and lotto numbers" prediction¹.

A place where discussion on this is held is:

-- Cesar Rabak [1] on the stock prices IMNHO the jury's still out...

Reply to
Cesar Rabak

I need a quick megabuck. Please recommend a stock.

 [page]:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

I will try looking on "

DeCompilation ". I have IDA and got the ASM but is a large program. So I would like have it in c/c++.

Thank

Reply to
PowerOne

True. But (from your citation)...

"In order to achieve a greater percentage of the disassembly automatically, decompilers can make use of knowledge about certain compilers and libraries used in the compilation of the file to be decompiled."

...I would imagine (not speaking from any authority) that H8S23XX tools aren't high on the decompilation priority lists either...

Anyway, we can agree that it's pretty unlikely that the OP will find the solution they're _hoping_ for?!?

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mark McDougall

Probably. Although you can see a decompiler for a DSP to C which shows the concept is feasible.

Sure. If OP's project is small it is better to tackle it by hand, if it is large or an instance of class of [expected] projects, then pursuing for a semi-automatic solution can help.

Regards,

Reply to
Cesar Rabak