Fingerprint Scanner/Sensor interface with MCU

Hi all,

I'm looking for a fingerprint scanner (or sensor? confused!) that I can
interface with a MCU, authenticate with a reference and play around with
it. No major requirements here, just a hobby project. Question really is
what 'exactly' should I be looking for to search?

I tried searching in the forums, but most of the 'fingerprint' posts are
quite old, so posted here to get info on latest product in market.

Also, is a fingerprint sensor different from a scanner? I think scanner is
the complete system but i may be wrong. To get the image into the MCU
serially, should I be looking for a sensor only or the scanner?

Thanks

---------------------------------------

Re: Fingerprint Scanner/Sensor interface with MCU

There are many manufacturers dying for you to design in their
fingerprint module.
For an MCU environment, you will probably want the serial interface
type,
you can choose among the slide sensor, the imaging sensor, or the
capacitive sensor. I have had good luck with the Fingerprint Cards
capacitive
sensor. Very small, serial interface (TTL) very fast identification,
over 100
enrolled users. It is not trivial to interface with the device, but
they supply a
program with source code that exercises all features. Figure a couple
of days
to get the system up and enrolling users, identifying users.

Chris

Re: Fingerprint Scanner/Sensor interface with MCU
Would you suggest any specific product? Something that I can follow up on?

Re: Fingerprint Scanner/Sensor interface with MCU

Fingerprint Cards
FPC-AM3 "area sensor module"

fingerprints.com

Chris

Re: Fingerprint Scanner/Sensor interface with MCU

something like UPEK you  are looking for?

Regards Jens

Site Timeline