Error while loading an RTX kernel example

Hi,

I am new to ARM and am using Keil micro vision v3 and was tryin to build the example for RTX kernel.

While doing so i encountered the following error

RTX_ex1.axf : error :L6938E : Invalid value for --ro-base.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how do i get rid of this error.

Help will be deeply appreciated

Thanks Meenz

Reply to
meenz.tronix

May be you should have a look to your linker option or to your scatterfile. You will see what is the value of your "ro base" (start address where readonly datas are store).

If you never heard about scatterfile I think you should read your compiler and linker documentation, else you should be able to get rid of this or give more precision. (like how your RO are defined)

--
Guillaume Chevillot
Reply to

Hi,

I changed the linker R/O base to 0x0000. Now this error is not coming. However when i try to build the target again i get a whole lot of errors relating to the OS tasks.. some of them are as below

RTX_ex1.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol os_dly_wait (referred from rtx_ex1.o).

RTX_ex1.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol os_dly_wait (referred from rtx_ex1.o).

RTX_ex1.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol _init_box (referred from rtx_config.o).

RTX_ex1.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol tstclrb (referred from rtx_config.o).

RTX_ex1.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol SWI_Handler (referred from startup.o).

Please tell me why this is happening. why is the linker not able to access the OS tasks

Regards Meenz

Reply to
meenz.tronix

It looks like you have included your RTOS header files but forgot to link, the RTOS library.

If you do not have the source code of your RTOS, you should have a binary of your RTOS that should be added in parameter of your linker.

See the documentation of your RTOS...

--
Guillaume Chevillot
Reply to