Embedding 802.11b

I'm trying to figure out how to at 802.11b connectivity to an existing product. From doing a Google search, it seems like the standard answer is to do it the iosoft way, i.e., add a TCP/IP stack to the firwmare and interface to an off the shelf PC card.

The big problem for my application is I need -40 to 85 deg C components and off the shelf components do not seem to be available in industrial grade.

Anyone know of any canned solutions to add 802.11b to an industrial application? If no canned solutions are available, does anyone have any pointers to industrial grade 802.11b chipsets?

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
Embedded Matt

Matt, My company just recently finished an embedded wireless system in which we used a cheap, development system from a company called applied data systems to do some rapid development. i think that the dev boards they provide have the capabilities to do an 802.11b industrial app. check them out here:

justin

These WinCE/Linux/VxWorks systems provide a CF socket for running embedded

802.11b, but the problem remains; are there any CF or PCMCIA WLAN cards with industrial temperature range?

Jeremy Bentham Iosoft Ltd.

Jeremy Bentham

Anyone have a list of cards that documentation can be found so you can program them?

-M

Reply to
mike