embedded hardware design

My company is looking into creating our own design for wireless bar code scanning. We are neophites in this arena. The major concern is FCC licensing for our new schema. I'm in need of finding guidelines for the FCC.

Thanks Michael Esquare Inc.

Reply to
michael-esquare

If you want to avoid FCC issues, buy premanufactured certified RF modules. We use (for a different application) TDK bluetooth modules with approval. To let our product comply with FCC we only have to put the TDK supplied sticker on the outside of the box and state the FCC ID in the manual.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

So if the module is FCC approved, does it make all system FCC compliant ?

To reply, remove >.spam< and >.fake<
Reply to
Remis Norvilis

Well, of course the rest of the system would have to comply with the applicable rules. For instance, our device falls under FCC Class 15 part B as it is. By adding the BT module from TDK, it automatically 'inherits' the FCC approval for this module, because this module is certified as an end-product. TDK is very clear about this and has supplied us with all necessary documents to back this up.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

"michael-esquare" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...