EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!

Hi All!

         I'm sure this's been asked several times b4, but can ne1 give
me a definitive answer 4 the foll. Qs :-

1) What are the MOS level architectures of EPROM EEPROM and Flash?
2) How exactly does one prog./erase them (sure,they use FNT, hot
electron injection - but how exactly does that contribute to the logic
levels and readin?)
3) What's the best online resource 4 such stuff ( free stuff that
is;did i mention i'm flat broke?)

TIA!!!!
PSB

P.S Sorry 4 the silly sub. line. Need all the attention i get!

Re: EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!

Refer to <http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/H/handle.html .

So if you're sure of that, you should be sure that answers would have
been given, and you could have used your unbounded greatness to search
the archives, no?

Also note that Usenet isn't communicated over SMS. Go ahead, spell out
full words. Be daring. I was going to say, "act your age", but then I
realized that you probably are.

Refer to:

<http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/B/B1FF.html
<http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/S/September-that-never-ended.html

Refer also to a mirror, and a copy of your posting. Compare and
contrast. This work will assessed towards your final grade.

Re: EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!
>greatness to search

 WEEEEELLLL!!!
        Thank you for your time, but here's some stuff i thought was
obvious and was redundant. Firstly, when people talk about memory,
they dont really bother about the micro/nano-structure. Sure a chip
looks pretty on the outside with its DIP (thats no SMS lingo!!) but
ever wondered what the electrons are doing inside?

 Thats the stuff very few know and thats the stuff i wanted to talk
about.

 As far as my language goes, it was more for typing and reading ease.
Sorry if I offended you 'Gentlemen'. ( See? I'm no hacker. In fact I'm
not even young - I'm 20)

Regards,
PSB

P.S : I'm still waiting for a techie to respond to my posts.

Re: EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!
>greatness to search

Well I'm a techie, you're a dope, and noone here is going to do
your homework for you.  When you grow up you'll find that your
peers will have more regard for you if you do it yourself.  And
since when has 20 not been young, child?

--
Trevor Barton

Re: EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!

Sound like a breathless teenager and people will treat you like one.
You still sound that way, BTW.

Anyway, people in cae are not generally microelectronics gurus and
experts in solid-state physics. You'd probably get better responses in
*vlsi*...

Re: EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!

PSB,
Seems to me from your first post you are likely smart enough to find
this stuff for yourself - you used many of the key words already!
Try a google search ...
I did "flash memory endurance injection"
and came up with:
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/Flash/TechnicalInfo/Nand.pdf
http://www.imec.be/wwwinter/processing/try/ieee98_flash3.pdf
http://palgong.knu.ac.kr/~necst/upload/seminar_19_18time.pdf
just on the first page.

Ian C.

Re: EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!
Hi All!
        Remember me? ( Breathless teenager, dope ...). Well I'm back.
And here are the answers for the questions (what are FNT and direct
tunelling) i'd asked

 FNT is the process in which elecrons 'hop' along the oxide conduction
band and into the si conduction band. Direct tunneling ocurs in
thinner oxides wherein the electrons tunnels thro' without bothering
about the conduction band of the oxide.

 See? Thats it! Yet, it took me hours on the net, books and more books
to figure this out. U know why? coz' i didnt have the resources when i
needed them most. No library, limited internet time etc..

And all u guys did was to bitch about my posting style, language and
all that. ("This is usenet not SMS".. "Dont dump ur homework on me"..)
Weren't u guys students anytime? Didnt u have the passion to learn
more and more? And doesnt all that knowledge make u want to share it?
I know i'm gonna be much more co-operative when someone asks a Q.

Anyway, there were a few who responded positively as well (Ian C,
Lewin A.R.) Thanx guys!!

Peace,
PSB

Re: EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!

Google - several articles on Fowler-Nordheim tunneling - 0.41 seconds.
Direct tunneling - 0.40 seconds. Much faster than posting a message
here, and you already have the required resources.

Come back again, but - once again - drop the breathless teenager act
and learn to write proper English. When you graduate, do you expect to
write your resumes and cover letters in SMS?

Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting
Re: EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!
<snip>

Oh sure. But the internet didn't exist then, at least not for the mere
mortals.... :-))

Meindert

Re: EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!

Yes you are.

I was writing cp/m bios extensions and designing
network cards the year you were born.

But no offense taken...

Re: EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (PSB) wrote in

No, it was for ease of typing, not reading.

--
Richard

Re: EEPROM vs. FLASH READ MAH POST NOW!!!!

And saying "I'm no hacker" is in fact a self-insult amongst a community of
hackers, which is to say most of the regular readers and posters in here. It
also indicates a lack of comprehension of what the word "hacker" means,
which circularly brings us back to the breathless teenager. The OP should
return to his Britney Spears posters and collectible N'Sync snow-globes.

--
-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (http://www.zws.com /)
Learn how to develop high-end embedded systems on a tight budget!