declaring an array in embedded C

hi iam new to this embedded field iam had a problem in declaring an array in embedded C..iam using SDCC compiler for compilation..if u know..please pass that information. thank you

Reply to
satish

In message , satish writes

No such thing as "embedded C" just C. You declare an array as you would in C

That is your main problem.

What is the target MCU.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris H

Op Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:19:22 +0200 schreef satish :

It's no different than in regular C.

I know, but it depends on the circumstance.

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra

One thing that is a bit different in embedded is that you can (usually) infleunce where your data goes. If it is constant data then placing it in "code" may help (and the 8051 is quite good at indexing small arrays in the code space).

Rgds, Bill

One thing that is a bit different in embedded is that you can (usually) infleunce where your data goes. If it is constant data then placing it in "code" may help (and the 8051 is quite good at indexing small arrays in the code space).

Rgds, Bill

Reply to
Bill Davy

char anArray[42]; // this array is in the RAM The specific CPU and memory model determines where.

Reply to
Neil

Sandwich posting?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I just like to annoy everyone equally. Democratic.