debug u-boot using BDI2000

Hello all

I am making a RS232 - datalogger for my MasterThesis in the university. My environment is BDI2000 debugger GNU toolchain AT91RM9200

The work is simply to take input signals from the USART port and send it to the SD card. Can anyone please answer the following quesitons ?

  1. I have u-boot running on my board. Is there a way to achieve my goal by just using the u-boot. I am using FAT system on the SD card.
  2. Is using Linux image a good idea. If yes . where can I find the linux Image for my arm board ?
  3. how can i debug u-boot using the BDI2000 ?
  4. I used Windows Hyperterminal to download the basic Atmel examples and it runs fine.. how can i use minicom to do it ? i configured it for
8N1 and xmodem /dev/ttyS0 but i dont see anyting which i could see throh hyperterminal in windows
  1. With the Atmel MCI sample code, i can recognise my SD card but cannot save anyting .of course due to unavilaiblity of the FAT drivers. How can i solve it ?

Regards

Tutu

Reply to
SuperMario

On 18 Dec 2006 05:38:24 -0800, "SuperMario" wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

Atmel used to have a version of Linux configured to run on their AT91RM9200 evaluation board, it was on the SDK CD. They probably still have it available on their web site somewhere, although I couldn't find it just now with a quick search.

Contact Atmel's technical support.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

The link to it is in a 'stickied' post in the AT91 Forum's Linux sub-forum:

Dan Henry
Reply to
Dan Henry

the link inside this Atmel post doesnt work ! But there were other stuffs which I could pick up ..such as minicom configuration ! Also, I am using parallel flash and most of the solutions were based on DataFlash and that too only the kernel image is provided. I cant really find the source code to compile.

Reply to
Tutu

Well then,

Then click the "Community Forum" link. Then select the "Linux" forum. Then select the "Announcement: Linux-2.4.27 package for AT91RM9200"

--
Dan Henry
Reply to

Instead of relying on an ancient 2.4 kernel (2.4.27 was released august

2004), you should get the latest 2.6 prepatch for which there's an AT91 specific patch at
(currently 2.6.20-rc1). A lot of AT91 patches were already merged into the mainline kernel, the patches add fixes and enhancements that didn't make it into mainline yet.

You're not saying which board you're using - there might be some work involved porting Linux over to your particular board.

Regards,

Dominic

Reply to
Dominic