DarknightX

Hi

I would like to know if there is a guide, or someone could explain me which are the steps to configure the MSP-FET430UIF (U80) in Ubuntu. I have the mspgcc compiler working, so I generetad a .o and .elf file from a basic source code, but I had no luck downloading the code to th MCU. I tried to use msp430-gdb but my software never worked. Is someone familiar to what Im doing? If someone need more info to help m please ask.

Thanks

Reply to
darknightx

I've really never messed with msp430-gdb, but I've had great luck with msp430-jtag.

You can mass-erase and download the file over jtag with 'msp430-jtag - e executable.elf'

I am however having problems with this on my new board. I just switched to a series 2 part for my latest project (msp430f2232) and can't get JTAG to talk. Its msp430-jtag version 2.3 which was bundled with mspgcc-20070216.exe. I'm using Cygwin on Windows.

Reply to
rswartze