which IDE for MSP430XX family ???

Hi,

we use the Quadrafox Compiler/Debugger now for many years as our standard IDE. We use C as Programming language in our firm. But the integrated JTAG Debugger is very bad to use and the generated code is not very good. (optimization).

So what do you use for compiling Projects for the MSP Family ? I heard the IAR Compiler is not realy the first choice, and also very expensive.

Frank D. snipped-for-privacy@handshake.de

Reply to
Franky

I use the Imagecraft compiler.

They just released the (probably) last update to the version 6 compiler for the MSP430 family. A version 7 release will likely be out later this year, to go with their V7 compilers for AVR processors and ARM cores.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

IAR is a terrible choice for any project, given their licensing and "support".

If you want an IDE, I'd recommend Rowley's CrossWorks

They also target some other micros.

Reply to
larwe

On TI's page there's the Code Composer Essentials for download (8k limit for eval). It uses the free Eclipse IDE.

If you want to get everything for free, you can use Eclipse

with msp-gcc and Insight/gdb debugger
Integrate to Eclipse
Imagecraft would be a more tidy package, but it costs something ;-)

- Jan

Reply to
Jan Wagner