Configuring Port A, Pin 4 as a general I/O pin in the PIC18F442

Hello World,

I'm using the PIC18F442 and I can't seem to configure Pin 4 of Port A to be a normal I/O Pin.

I've tried to disable the T0CON register that also has functionality on that pin and I still can't use the pin as a general I/O pin.

I need it for a project and I have already made the PCB board so that pin has to work. Can anyone help me?

Thanks a million.

Reply to
novak.arthur

Port A pin 4 is an open drain pin. It can be used as a general purpose input, but as an output it can only pull low. If you need it as an output, high, then you need a pull-up.

Reply to
Donald Harris