Codewright Failure

Just thought I'd update my status here. I am back to banging out code and have Codewright working well enough that I'm using it. The main issue I ha ve is the file dialog not working properly. It usually comes up with the f iles list blank but with some nudging it shows the contents. If there is a scrollbar moving that will do the job. Otherwise it takes a nudge with t he right click or something similar. It also seems to default to icon view rather than details which is awkward.

Then there is the lack of project file management. I don't recall how it w as supposed to work. Right now I have something open that lists a lot of p rojects. To make the file dialog work better I tried setting the compatibi lity under Windows to WinXP. On reopening CW I no longer had a project fil e and can't access the dialog to search for them. I expect there is a mast er file that points to all the project files, but I don't know how to find that or what the file extension is, even with the more functional setup.

The main lament is the lack of color coding for Forth. I used to have a ch roma file or whatever they are called. But I can't find it any more and we b searches are not fruitful.

Talking about google searches... I did manage to find a working phone numbe r for someone I dated 20 years ago. Google isn't completely pointless.

--

  Rick C.

  ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

Ide systems are ok, but I find a makefiles and gnu command line tools get the job done, without added layers of complexity, special file types etc. Also still using nedit editor, simple clean and just edits files.

If a tool becomes hard work, time to sharpen it or move on :-)...

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Don't keep us in suspense Rick! Was he happy to hear from you?

Reply to
Dave Nadler

You do realize your comments in newsgroups is immortal, right?

I guess we learn about each other here from every post.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

ing it set up for the work I do.

one have these?

I don't recall how, but the syntax coloring for VHDL is working. I think i t was there all along and I didn't realize it. I have no idea what file it might be in. I got tired of trying to find syntax coloring for Forth, so I made my own. Now I'd like to back it up, but again, I have no idea where this is stored. I searched for an updated file in the installation direct ory - no luck, the Windows data directory for the app - no luck, the user d irectories - no luck. I have no idea where they keep the master file for p rojects either.

Codewright is very inscrutable!