Codewarrior for DSP56F8300 Demo Board

Anyone else have trouble trying to get this to install properly? I install then reboot and instead of the desktop drawing, I get a blank desktop and a dialog saying "Program Error. not enough space for environment". When I click on the Close button, nothing happens, so I reboot to safe mode and uninstall. Anyone else had this problem?

Reply to
Gary Kato

I believe you also checked with our support staff and they replied with this.

  1. Check the length of the PATH env. variable. There is a bug in older versions of MWRegSvrsWinApp and MWRegSvr that causes a crasher is the PATH is relatively long.

If it is of a pretty good length, then go through and see if anything can be stripped out that is not needed. If that still doesn't help, then what you can do it save all the non-windows parts of it somewhere, and then take them off. Then run regservers.bat which is under C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior for DSP56800 6.0\bin. Once it runs successfully, but all the extra PATH entries you stripped out back in it.

Depending on the OS, you may have to reboot the machine between PATH changes in order for it to be picked up.

  1. The link for the updater is an incorrect address. We are working on a newer updater that will resolve the link correctly. Until then people need to go directly to our download web page and look in the updates and patches for their product and download it manually.

Also, The basic system environment requirements 128M RAM and at least

600MB hard disk space. If it's possible, we recommend to have 256M at least.

I hope this helps,

Ron

--
                   Metrowerks wishes you and yours
               Seasons Greetings and Happy Holidays

  Get Geekware and Software  http://store.metrowerks.com
   Shop our online store and get free shipping until Dec 31

Ron Liechty - MWRon@metrowerks.com - http://www.metrowerks.com
Reply to
MW Ron

Thanks, Ron. I did receive the email from MW Support. I must have eliminated the offending line as my system does boot properly once more. Got my license file and it seems to be working.

One complaint about this setup. Why does it run something at boot time to try and establish a link to the DSP board at boot time? Why not just do that on Codewarrior startup? It's just one more thing I have to search around Windows to eliminate.

Reply to
Gary Kato

I think it is an OS issue not a CodeWarrior issue serial ports and ports have to be established prior to the OS loading.

Ron

--
                   Metrowerks wishes you and yours
               Seasons Greetings and Happy Holidays

  Get Geekware and Software  http://store.metrowerks.com
   Shop our online store and get free shipping until Dec 31

Ron Liechty - MWRon@metrowerks.com - http://www.metrowerks.com
Reply to
MW Ron

Well, I found what was being called in the StartUp folder. I can stick it back in when I'm ready to hookup the DSP board.

Reply to
Gary Kato

Does Metrowerks plan on providing command-line tools for this family?

There don't appear to be any in the install ...

--Andrew

Reply to
aekalman

They aren't under bin. In the "DSP56800x_EABI_Tools" directory, you should see a directory called "Command_Line_Tools".

Reply to
Gary Kato

Hi Gary ... are you using the CW + DSP56800 starter kit ("DSP56F800DEMO")?

That's what I have, and there's no such directory. I'm pretty sure I did a Full Install or whatever ...

--Andrew

Reply to
aekalman

I'm using what came with the Motorola DSP56F8300 Demo Board. In the Help menu, it calls itself "CodeWarrior Development Studio for Motorola DSP56800/E Hybrid Controllers, version 6.0".

Reply to
Gary Kato

Ah ... I've got v5.x. Will upgrade and see if that fixes it.

Thanks!

--Andrew

Reply to
aekalman