Codewarrior for DSP56F8300 Demo Board

Anyone else have trouble trying to get this to install properly? I install then
reboot and instead of the desktop drawing, I get a blank desktop and a dialog
saying "Program Error. not enough space for environment". When I click on the
Close button, nothing happens, so I reboot to safe mode and uninstall. Anyone
else had this problem?

Re: Codewarrior for DSP56F8300 Demo Board

I believe you also checked with our support staff and they replied with
this.

1.    Check the length of the PATH env. variable. There is
a bug in older versions of MWRegSvrsWinApp and MWRegSvr that causes a
crasher is the  PATH is relatively long.

If it is of a pretty good length, then go through and see if anything
can be  stripped out that is not needed. If that still doesn't help,
then what you  can do it save all the non-windows parts of it somewhere,
and then take them  off. Then run regservers.bat which is under
C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior for DSP56800 6.0\bin. Once it
runs successfully, but all the extra PATH entries you stripped out back
in it.

Depending on the OS, you may have to reboot the machine between PATH
changes in order for it to be picked up.

2. The link for the updater is an incorrect address.  We are working on
a newer updater that will resolve the link correctly.  Until then people
need to go directly to our download web page and look in the updates and
patches for their product and download it manually.

http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/download/default.asp

Also, The basic system environment requirements 128M RAM and at least
600MB hard disk space. If it's possible, we recommend to have 256M at
least.

I hope this helps,

Ron

--
                   Metrowerks wishes you and yours
               Seasons Greetings and Happy Holidays

Re: Codewarrior for DSP56F8300 Demo Board
Thanks, Ron. I did receive the email from MW Support. I must have eliminated
the offending line as my system does boot properly once more. Got my license
file and it seems to be working.

One complaint about this setup. Why does it run something at boot time to try
and establish a link to the DSP board at boot time? Why not just do that on
Codewarrior startup? It's just one more thing I have to search around Windows
to eliminate.

Re: Codewarrior for DSP56F8300 Demo Board

I think it is an OS issue not a CodeWarrior issue serial ports and ports
have to be established prior to the OS loading.

Ron

--
                   Metrowerks wishes you and yours
               Seasons Greetings and Happy Holidays

Re: Codewarrior for DSP56F8300 Demo Board
Well, I found what was being called in the StartUp folder. I can stick it back
in when I'm ready to hookup the DSP board.

Re: Codewarrior for DSP56F8300 Demo Board

Does Metrowerks plan on providing command-line tools for this family?

There don't appear to be any in the install ...

--Andrew

Re: Codewarrior for DSP56F8300 Demo Board

They aren't under bin. In the "DSP56800x_EABI_Tools" directory, you should see
a directory called "Command_Line_Tools".

Re: Codewarrior for DSP56F8300 Demo Board

Hi Gary ... are you using the CW + DSP56800 starter kit
("DSP56F800DEMO")?

That's what I have, and there's no such directory. I'm pretty sure I
did a Full Install or whatever ...

--Andrew

Re: Codewarrior for DSP56F8300 Demo Board

I'm using what came with the Motorola DSP56F8300 Demo Board. In the Help menu,
it calls itself "CodeWarrior Development Studio for Motorola DSP56800/E Hybrid
Controllers, version 6.0".

Re: Codewarrior for DSP56F8300 Demo Board

Ah ... I've got v5.x. Will upgrade and see if that fixes it.

Thanks!

--Andrew

Site Timeline