Code for PS/2 mouse for DS80C400

Whilst I can still get serial mice I feel their days are numbered moreso than PS/2 mice which presumable will also eventually become obsolete for USB mice.

I have trawled for 8051 code for the PS/2 mouse and only found one instance which is in assembler and not for the assembler bundled with the SDCC compiler. There were some hints that there might be code on the Philips website but I can't find it or it's gone.

Can anyone help here?

Reply to
Fred

Look for AN445 on the Philips web site.

Regards

-Bill Knight R O SoftWare

Reply to
Bill Knight

Many thanks for that article. PS/2 isn't mentioned anywhere whereas "ACCESS.bus" is mentioned quite frequently. I've never heard of this standard before and is it the same as PS/2?

5.pdf

USB

instance

Reply to
Fred

"Fred" wrote in news:41c1c05a$0$8338$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk:

Top posting corrected. ACCESS.bus uses the I2C physical layer while the PS/2 physical layer look similar, does not adhere to the I2C protocol. A discription of PS/2 is available here:

It looks quite trivial to implement (e.g. you could bit bang it).

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

I tend to bottom post by default but top post where a thread has already been top posted.

I was coming to that conclusion myself. Interesting that the mouse I have is quiet and doesn't send the self test on power up as suggested in the article. Holding the data line low does initiate a clocking sequence.

Reply to
Fred

... snip ...

Bad habit, IMO. This only encourages the evil practice.

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer