Cheapest source for turnkey Zigbee?

Is there a cheap solution (

Reply to
RumpelStiltSkin

At that price, I very much doubt it

I'd be surprised if you could buy the components for that

tim

Reply to
tim.....

RumpelStiltSkin

OK So you can get the components for 5 dollars, but that still isn't on a board, tested and approved

tim

Reply to
tim.....

That's what I'm looking for. Seems one of the $5 manufacturers would offer a PCB layout with PCB antenna that is FCC approved for their chipset. Anyone?

Reply to
RumpelStiltSkin

At best all you can get is a copy of a design which has passed FCC certification. You still have to retest.

Even if you buy an off the shelf MaxZigbee module which has been through FCC you have to retest with the module installed in your product to ensure that it still meets spec. You don't have to test as much as you would for a ZigBee built yourself, but you still have to test.

Reply to
David Kelly

Yes, the FCC approval applies to the "finished" product...... BUT with modules that have gone through approvals you have a high level of confidence,

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)