Cheapest Microcontroller or Module Running Linux

Hi

For a product with limited yearly qty, I am looking for a microcontroller or module that runs Linux or a derivative of that.

Sofar I have come across the uClinux, capable of running on a Cortex M4 processor, with what seems to be as low as 1MB of memory.

From ST:

Emcraft:

A module:

.... for 20EUR

But, I really need 2 ethernet Phys, so that takes a lot of the modules out of the search

Any one have ideas for alternatives?

Thanks

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Correction: I only need one Phy

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

You can try this

the module cost 24 Euro but need a "carrier" board with eth magnetics, boot memory ( microSD or serial flash ) and power supply ( @ 3.3 V )

Reply to
mmm

Yes, found that one too. I am aiming for a price in the neighborhood of 10 EUR, but perhaps that's just wishful thinking ;-)

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Found this one also:

But, I think the price is high

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

You haven't said in full what you actually *do* need. USB? VGA? PIO? Flash?

Regards Werner Dahn

Reply to
Alexander Y. Sure

Am Montag, 9. September 2013 20:52:23 UTC+2 schrieb Klaus Kragelund:

What about a surplus (W)LAN router, e.g.

This costs 13.80 USD. Most WLAN routers run linux.

Andreas

Reply to
acd

The problem with these re-purposed box is I/Os. I am sure the O/P wants some I/Os, which are lacking in these boards. The chip properly has them, but not on the PCB.

I don't know if size and power are issues. If not, used laptop (

Reply to
edward.ming.lee