Canopen sending visible string via segmented sdo upload

Hello:

I have to send a text which is longer then 4 byte with the sdo upload protocol

let's say my text is "this is a test!".

My text is 15 characters so i will need 4 SDO messages (1 initiate upload and 3 with the actual data.) After is have sent the init upload, the device is returning the size (15). Then, I ask my first block of seven bytes. Which are this seven bytes?

is this

A: "a test!" or B: "this is"

kind regards

Steven

Reply to
Steven Cool

"this is"

(at least in our implementation :-) But seriously, you find it in the CiA Standard DS301. All of the CiA Draft Standards are freely (without costs) downloadable (is this English?) at

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
| Heinz-Jürgen Oertel  port GmbH  http://www.port.de
| mailto:oe@port.de
| phone +49 345 77755-0     fax   +49 345 77755-20
| Regensburger Str. 7b,     D-06132 Halle/Saale,  Germany
| CAN Wiki    http://www.CAN-Wiki.info
| Newsletter: http://www.port.de/engl/company/content/abo_form.html+===================================================================
Reply to
Heinz-Jürgen Oertel