CANOpen LSS question

Hi,

I've a (simple) question about the COB-ID used for LSS in CANOpen: Any transmission/reception is done by using the COB-ID 2021/2020 and as far I've understood, the COB-ID represents the CAN-ID on the bus. Since CANOpen uses standard frames only, how are those IDs mapped to the CAN-ID?? (2020 == 0x7E4 which is > 0x3FF) Another quesiton that occured when reading the "layer setting services and protocoll (LSS)" document available from CiA is about switching the mode of a single slave node back to operational mode. On page 9 of the document, switch mode selective takes only the LSS_address of the slave to switch to configuration mode, is there no way back to operational mode? What happenes if multiple slave nodes are configured to the same, invalid ID? (those nodes should be dynamically reconfigured to a valid node ID at startup) Thanks for any help,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Czamai

Hi Martin, First of all, there is a special CAN oriented mailing list at and a Wiki forum at

Your question regarding the LSS CAN-ID used is easy. Standard frames, or newly called base frame format, are 11 bit, the range is 2^11 = 2048. IDs from 0 to 2047 are allowed. 2020 and 2021 are in the range. I don't have the standard at hand, but there should be a way back from the configuration mode.

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

Heinz-Jürgen Oertel

| mailto: snipped-for-privacy@port.de | phone +49 345 77755-0 fax +49 345 77755-20 | Regensburger Str. 7b, D-06132 Halle/Saale, Germany | CAN Wiki
| Newsletter:
Heinz-Jürgen Oertel