C++ syntax without C++

I think at the time I was still in the mind state of 'assembler is best for everything' and this made sense, since I was far more fluent in assembler than C. If you have developed an infrastructure around working with asm and have a lot of general purpose library style src code from previous projects, you can often get things working as fast as programming in a hll. Projects were often much simpler then as well, memories space was smaller and processors were much less pwerfull.

Having said all that, I wouldn't consider asm for any project these days, other than startup and maybe some interrupt level code...

Chris

--
Embedded System Hardware & Software Engineering
Oxford England

** Remove the meaning of life to reply...
Reply to
tridac

Haven't even started to look at this yet, but one of the difficulties is the lack of a machine locally with a 5.25" floppy, though that is minor. Have an old Deskpro 386sx in store that has both earlier and 1.4meg floppy drives, though it hasn't been powered up for years. There are free utlities online to run under dos which may work, though fwir, some pc drives are not capable of reading the data format at all. I guess there's always an Ebay Apple II and Kermit as a last resort.

I guess you must remember the Programma PIE full screen editor ?. Shear luxury with a Videx 80 column card and all written in 6502 asm. I spent hours disassembling it to find out how it worked. :-)...

Chris