Bootloading from SD card

I also did a FAT-12 PC bootsector in 512 bytes:

This code requires that the second stage or kernel or whatever be in the root directory, but it need not be physically contiguous on the disk.

FAT-16 wouldn't be too different, but I agree that a FAT-32 bootloader probably wouldn't fit in 512 bytes.

Reply to
Chris Giese

13 vs 5 instructions for FAT12 vs FAT16 in the code I wrote.

No, I don't think it's even possible, but I haven't tried.

And see no point doing so, either. :-)

--
ArarghMail911 at [drop the 'http://www.' from ->] http://www.arargh.com
BCET Basic Compiler Page: http://www.arargh.com/basic/index.html

To reply by email, remove the extra stuff from the reply address.
Reply to
ArarghMail911NOSPAM

Forgot to mention that I cheated and just copied the first 64k worth of FAT to memory. For FAT12, that handles the split across sectors headache.