Microchip Introduces 12-bit Flash Microcontroller at $0.49 !!!!

Microchip has introduced - get this, gang - a 6-PIN MICROCONTROLLER!

It's got some flash, and a comparator. You can examine it here:

- Bill Giovino Executive Editor

Bill Giovino

"Bill Giovino" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Not for nothing but TI has a $0.49 16-bit microcontroler in the MS430 line. It comes in very small packages too (you just ignore the extra pins).

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

Does anyone know if there is an adapter to program this device with a PICStart Plus?

-Robert Scott Ypsilanti, Michigan (Reply through this forum, not by direct e-mail to me, as automatic reply address is fake.)

Reply to
Robert Scott

Did they multiplex the Vdd and Vss :-)

Reply to
mike diack

Didn't you hear? It runs on AC :-)

Reply to
Rick Merrill

I wonder if you ever bought MSP430 at this price? Our distributor always charge us more than the budgetary prices on Ti web site. I wonder if this is local case or in the aim to show how cost effective are their products TI anounce these prices without enough margin for their disti chain.

Tsvetan

--
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb(http://www.olimex.com/pcb)
PCB any volume assembly (http://www.olimex.com/pcb/protoa.html)

so you need to take your nice 5v supply and use a 555 to create the ac power???

martin

Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Reply to
martin griffith

I heard that someone is working on a chip that runs on solar cells on top. You just need to make sure there are enough lights on it. But again, I could have been dreaming.

Reply to
Edward Lee epl

Bill Giovino wrote: : Microchip has introduced - get this, gang - a 6-PIN MICROCONTROLLER! : : It's got some flash, and a comparator. You can examine it here: : :

:

Also see:

for a discussion of this chip and much different chip.

--buddy

--
Remove '.spaminator' and '.invalid' from email address
when replying.

Bless you for posting those URL!

Reply to
Rick Merrill