Avionics use of TI 'C2000

Hello -

We are interested in using a TI 'C2000 family device (specifically the 'F2812) in an avionics application. One requirement is that we be able to demonstrate previous flight usage for this device (or for one in its family).

We have other options, but this one would seem to be the best fit.

If anyone has used a 'C2000 device in this way and is comfortable sharing the experience, please drop me a line -

thank you,

Tony Mactutis

Reply to
Tony

I have some info that may be of interest. Send me a private email using the address on the FreeRTOS.org contacts page if you want to discuss further:

Regards, Richard.

    for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430 Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051 & PIC18 * * * *
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

Hello Tony,

In addition I'd ask your Arrow rep or whoever is your TI distributor, as well as TI directly. Their application engineers would be the ones who know most of the designs it went into. Then if your qty is large enough they may be willing to contact that customer for you (because they won't likely be able to tell you without consent).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks Joerg,

Yes, I have been in contact with them, but TI was not willing to offer any assistance. The FAE from Arrow has offered some information based on his personal experience (which is not with TI devices).

I believe that all we really need is the name of the DER that a particular company worked with. They would be able to give us (or our DER) what we need without divulging any proprietary information (outside of the use of the device).

Tony

Reply to
Tony

I go through this a lot.

Your DER has to write up a plan to provide to the FAA that the design is appropriate for the application. Cockpit or Engine, manrated vs no-manrated, flight critical vs not, etc....

You have to design a test plan and carry out that test plan. You can not say, so and so is using it so therefore it is OK. UNLESS, so and so gives you all their design data, test plan and test plan results. Be ready to pay for it, qualification testing is $50K and UP.

The mfg'er's specs should tell you if the device is suitable for the environment of it's intended usage.

Maybe you need a design consultant, not a DER.

Where does it say this? "One requirement is that we be able to demonstrate previous flight usage for this device " I've never seen it.

tallyho.

bobc

T> > Hello Tony,

Reply to
rjames.clarke

Thanks Bob for your input -

The 'flight history' requirement is in addition to the test requirements that you mention. This is coming from the customer, rather than the FAA, so you won't find it in any FAA documents.

They are looking for a level of assurance over and above the device manufacturer's environmental specification.

T> I go through this a lot.

Reply to
Tony

That requirement is perhaps misguided. I (we) look for production volume and years in service.

Do not want to put development time and effort in to a marginal line supported by a marginal company.

Which anyone would look for regard less of environment.

More important also would be, software qualification tools that are available and In Circuit Emulators to allow testing.

And of course operating temperature range most devices fall out on that criteria.

We are flying Intel, lots of luck though, END OF LIFE BUY TIME!

Maybe you can get your customer to agree to proof of automotive use?

Judging from your email address, is this a small production run? Which is going to limit your leveage in getting the answer you are looking for.

Email me if I can be of help.

T> Thanks Bob for your input -

Reply to
rjames.clarke