AT91RM9200

"Anton Erasmus" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

various

The AT89C51SND1 *is* a USB IDE circuit as well as an MP3 player....

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

Why tack on an $8 chip to get MP3 playback capability when the AT91RM9200 can just do it directly? Why not just adapt some of the *copius* open-sourced MP3 decoders and SRC's out there. In fact, I'm suprised Atmel hasn't done this themselves to go with the DK. Or perhaps you have -- is there one included in your Linux dist?

Reply to
Ian McBride

Hello All, My coworker and I are in the process of porting Linux to the Cogent CSB337. Much of the work has already been done for the AT91RM9200-DK ($5k), so we are building on that. We have the serial ports and ethernet working, and have used both ramdisk and nfs mounted roots. Using linux-2.4.21, gcc-3.3.1, glibc-2.3.2, and binutils-2.14. Also have gotten uClibc and busybox going.

We'll submit a patch and new machine type to

once we get a respectable number of devices going (not for a couple weeks at least). Let me know if you want our current setup (building the toolchain and kernel is easy).

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Bahns