Architecture for Low voltage, High Speed, Switched-Capacitor Sigma-Delta modulator.

Hi, All:

For low-voltage (1-Volt), low power (nW), high speed ( IF > 10MHz),
switched-capacitor sigma-delta modulator design,

1. Use Switched opamp for solve low voltage.
2. Double sampled feed into integrator for high speed.
3. Pseudo n path on single opamp for low power.

Question:

1. Switched Opamp (SO) increases power consumption in every critical
switch, double sampled, double power.

2. Does it is possible to accomplish bandpass sigma delta modulator
using only ONE opamp (Integrator) working in Pseudo n path
architecture.

Please give any suggestion or comment, thanks a lot!

Boki.

Re: Architecture for Low voltage, High Speed, Switched-Capacitor Sigma-Delta modulator.

My comment is that this smells like homework and that comp.arch.embedded
is not the best place to find answers, even assuming someone
knowledgeable wants to tackle your homework.  If that isn't the case,
what is your application, and who selected the approach that you are
targeting and why?

My analog is pretty weak, but I am interested in seeing how you sample,
integrate, and modulate 10 MHz using a nanowatt!

Thad

Site Timeline