Anyone know of a micro w/ these features?

Hello,

I'm looking for a micro-controller that has the following features, but I' having a heck of a time finding one.

-CAN bus

-16 GPIO

-8 ch 12-14 bit resolution ADC

-Low cost

Regards, Eddie

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface o

dawydiuk

Have you looked at the MC9S08DZ60 series from freescale ?

Reply to
Arlet

I'm

I had not come across this micro yet. This looks like it might do the job. If it had 14 bit resolution on the ADC it would be even better. Otherwise it looks really interesting. Thanks for the link :)

Regards, Eddie

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

dawydiuk

dawydiuk skrev:

The AT32UC3C has a 12 bit ADC and a CAN bus. Smallest package is 64 pins. Hard to get right now, but some people have samples.

BR Ulf Samuelsson

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

Microchip dsPIC33FJ64GP706 if MIPS are not critical. Has DMA for CAN and other peripherals. 12-bit adc.

I'm

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

apalopohapa

ST micro arm devices ?...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

...or even cheaper the MC9S08DV16 if you don't need EEPROM. 15 years availability promised, nice to work with, great to debug (single wire non-intrusive BDM). I can recommend the NoICE debugger and the Cosmic compiler.

Oliver

--
Oliver Betz, Munich
despammed.com might be broken, use Reply-To:

Un bel giorno dawydiuk digitò:

If you can get 10 real bits from a MCU's internal ADC (even the ones specified as 12 or 14 bits), you can congratulate with yourself.

If 10 bits are enough, Luminary has some parts with a good performances/price ratio; see for example LM3S2678.

--
emboliaschizoide.splinder.com
Reply to

'm

That's quite low IO

SiLabs new C8051F55x/56x/57x ?

Ticks all those boxes, and comes as small as QFN24 / 18io and includes LIN bus too -and it's Wide Supply 1.8-5.5V

-jg

Reply to
-jg

I agree! Designers don't realize how difficult it is to actually get ground noise low enough to get real 12 bit A/D results. I had one engineer claim that oversampling fixed the problem, but I don't think he understood that you can oversample with 10 bits and get the same results.

Anyway, there's a 48 pin R8C/23 from Renesas that would work if 10 bit A/D was used with oversampling. :-) It comes with or without data- flash (EEPROM) in a very small QFP.

--CG

Reply to
-vinnie-