any difference between $0000 and 0x0000 in AVR assembler?

Hi - I'm learning how to program AVRs right now with assembler. In one bit of example code, they wrote ".org $0000" and then in another piece of example code they wrote ".org 0x0000" So does this mean $ and 0x denote the same thing and are interchangeable? Thanks!

Reply to
Michael

If you tend to write in C, you usually write 0x0000 If you tend to write in Motorola Assembler, you usually write $0000 If you tend to write in Intel Assembler, you usually write 0000h

Nowadays, many languages seem to merge together in one form or another, so some languages tend to accept several types.

Reply to
Amused

At one time I had a chart of about 20 different hexadecimal notations I'd encountered. I recall producing it upon finding that the Ada people couldn't make do with one of the existing notations and had to invent yet another.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene