Announcing WinAVR 20030913
WinAVR (pronounced "whenever") is a suite of executable, open source software development tools for the Atmel AVR series of RISC microprocessors hosted on the Windows platform. It includes the GNU GCC compiler for C and C++.
WinAVR can be found at
Below is just a sample of what's new.
- This is the first time that all the major open source AVR projects are built for Windows and are included!
- The README.txt file has been extensively rewritten and added on.
- GCC 3.3.1: - This is a released version! - "Combine" patch is included. This fixes a bug in GCC.
- GNU Binutils 2.14: - Patch to provide ELF to COFF and Extended COFF conversions!
- avr-libc 0.99.90.20030829: - This is a pre-release of an upcomping 1.0 release. - New string functions: strlcpy (optimized), strlcpy_P, strlcat (optimized), strlcat_P, strncat_P, strsep, and strtok_r. Thanks to Reiner Patommel. - New avr/pgmspace.h API: pgm_read_byte(), pgm_read_word(), pgm_read_byte_near(), pgm_read_word_near(), pgm_read_byte_far(), pgm_read_word_far(). - avr/interrupt.h: EMPTY_INTERRUPT() added. Thanks to Artur Lipowski.
- avrdude 4.2.0: - New switch that lets you program everything including fuses all in one line! It also includes an automatic erase. - New progress reporting. - Fixed Windows verification timing. Thanks to Alex Shepherd! - Add support for displaying and setting the various STK500 operational parameters (Vtarget, Varef, Master clock). - Added picoweb programmer and sp12 programmer. Thanks to Rune Christensen and Larry Barello!
- uisp is now included!
- GNU Debugger (GDB) 5.3.91: - This is a pre-release of the upcomping 6.0.
- Insight is now included! This is GDB with a GUI!
- An updated AVaRICE is included.
- SimulAVR is now included!
- Programmers Notepad, 22.214.171.124: - Click on errors and goto file / line. - Global output pane.
- SRecord 1.16.D002
- Added TkInfo to view Info documentation in a GUI.
- Corrected and expanded sample makefile.
- Fixed issues with installer. - Uses the correct registry key type when updating the PATH. - Adding WinAVR directories to the PATH is now optional.
For more information see the WinAVR Home page at .