And -- pow! My memory was gone.

[...]

is this really a _mixed_ (assembler / source) listing, as I would expect from "-adhl"?

In the mixed listings I got from the Coldfire gcc, asmC was out of sync when I used (a small number of) assembler instructions in the C sources. Now I let objdump make a listing, but that doesn't resolve all symbols.

Well, since gcc produces unreadable assembler code, anyway, it doesn't matter that much (I doubt this massive re-ordering of code does improve speed).

Oliver

--
Oliver Betz, Munich
despammed.com is broken, use Reply-To:

Try this printf function.

I have used it on quite small MCUs with success. Even with just 8K of program space, one can still do useful things even when using this printf routine.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Op Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:12:12 +0100 schreef 42Bastian Schick :

Or use siprintf or build newlib with INTEGER_ONLY.

http://www.opera.com/mail/
(Remove the obvious prefix to reply.)
Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra

Right on!

--Other people

--
Randy Yates                             Digital Signal Labs
919-577-9882                            http://www.digitalsignallabs.comyates@digitalsignallabs.com

Other people, like myself, who use IAR Embedded Workbench and (in the past) the Codewarrior IDE and tools may not feel the same. I particularly like the ability to manage the linker setup files in IAR. That was really helpful on an earlier ARM project that had to load into Flash in one area, but be transferred to RAM for execution. I suppose the GCC toolset has similar capabilities, but they weren't as apparent when I started working with the ARM about

8 years ago.

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson