ADC AD7656

Hello to all,

I m working on the AD7656, Bipolar 16 bit ADC. I would like to write the inial boot up code and diagnostic code for the same ADC. Could any one please give me some guidelines to start the programming this ADC. Is any one currently working on this ADC? Is any one having the idea of this kind of ADC.This is first time i m working on the analog devices, so please guide me.........

Thanks in advance.

Nutty.

Reply to
Nutty

OMG - what a question! Nutty indeed! The AD7656 is a 16-bit, 6-Chan, 256k Samples/s simultaneously-sampling ADC, not a micro. There is no boot-up code. Start by reading it's datasheet.

J.

Reply to
JohnOS

Thanks.... Is there any standard procedure to test the functionality of ADC? How to write the diagnostic utility for ADC?

Reply to
Nutty

If you want something simple connect an input to accurate voltage source, measure and compare. After that connect it to analog ground and do the same. If you want something outrageous connect an input to precision ultra low distortions sine wave oscillator, sample the wave, send the array to PC and calculate spectrum. Alex.

Reply to
baranovus

Alex, i enjoyed reading your post but Just curious to know that how he can mange to send the data to PC (uart/usb/parallel) without any intermediate controller ;)

ali

Reply to
Ali

I would assume that anyone who has an ultra low distortion sinewave oscillator and the ability to interface it to an ADC so that induced noise is below the 16-bit level should have no trouble interfacing the ADC with a PC. A uC would be the obvious choice, but it could also be done with a DIO board or possibly (I would have to count number of I/O lines and check the voltage levels to be sure) a PC parallel port with some bit-banging.

Guy Macon

Reply to
Guy Macon

Well, if there are no controllers and just standalone ADC, then it might be a subject of pure theory and one can do only with simulations and meditations. Alex

Reply to
baranovus