Subject Author Posted Replies

A $3.2 billion* thermostat....
Something is not right. Obviously a thermostat cannot cost a tiny fraction of that, nor do they have a market share worth anything like it. Not that I have much hope we will ever know what is going...
4
4

What is "4 supported data types" below?
Hi, I am learning to use NE10 ARM library. On its FIR function, see below pleas e, there are 2 places made me puzzled. The first one is: There are separate instance structure declarations for each of...
1
1

Several problems in porting/runnig Qt/Embedded program on/to FriendlyARM Board
Dear All Embedded developers Hello Here's the deal. I know Qtopia Core is old, I know Qt Embedded is old, several developers mentioned it but I have a Mini2440 FriendlyARM based embedded device with...

Where is ne10_qMaskTable32 of NE10 library defined?
Hi, After I get a little familiar with NE10 library, I want to write my NEON asm code now. That is, I copy the original FIR filter file .s to my project. I rename it and modify it with my code. The...
4
4

RS485: when should I consider it a "transmission line"
I know multi-drop two-wires RS485 bus must be considered a "transmission line" (so terminations are important) when the baud rate is high and the cables are long, but I'm not able to quantify the...
6
6

asflags while cross compiling a kernel module (wind river linux v4)
Hello I am trying to pass certain parameters to the wind river gnu assembler and I want this to apply only while compiling a certain module. Hence in the ma kefile for that module, Ive added the...
2
2

What is arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc flag -lm for?
Hi, I build NE10 library for ARM Using static library $arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc ?O2 -o sample sample.c -I$NE10_INC_PATH -l:$NE1 0_LIB_PATH/libNE10.a Using dynamic library $arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc ?O2...
4
4

What does 'm' mean in this cmake file?
Hi, I am learning cmake for cross compiling ARM projects. The following is from an on-line cmake tutorial. I do not understand what the 'm' means on the fifth line. Could you tell me that? Thanks,...
1
1

HCS12 Tx problem:
Pertaining to the HCS12 Tx problem post of yesterday, thanks to all who have reverted, but I've become completely stuck. If I attempt to send two chars by calling SendMIDI twice, nothing comes out....
2
2

Binary protocol design: TLV, LTV, or else?
Hi all. I'm making a protocol for communication between a PC and a peripheral device. The protocol is expected to, at first, run on raw Ethernet but I am also supposed to not make any blunders that...
76
76

Catch-22 (?), interrupt driven serial Tx, HCS12
Implementing interrupt-driven serial output on an HCS12, I have to Do Things while the serial data is on its way so a simple wait loop waits too much time. On the HCS12 (may be typical of other CPUs),...
7
7

RS-485 -----> converter -----> USB --------> Linux
What I need to study to make a program that reads data from a converted RS-485 output? Is Linux environment and Language C.
11
11

CFP: HEART 2014 (Highly Efficient Accelerators and Reconfigurable Technologies)
****************************************************************/ HEART2014: International Symposium on Highly Efficient Accelerators and Reconfigurable Technologies 9-11 June 2014 @ Sendai Miyagi,...

UDP timers
Hi, I've been discussing this in another forum and we haven't (yet!) come up with any generic approaches that can be bent to the task. So, I figured it was worth exploring, here... I've got some...
3
3

Advantech PCD-897 configuration issues
Hello! I have an interesting problem. I own one of those things, an Advantech PCD- 897 board. Their site shows the board, either the ISA version which is that number, or its PC-104 twin. Problem is...
1
1