68hc05 705

Any one still working with 68hc705 68hc05 micros?? Bill

William Rueth

Hi, I was working with this micro building nearly 16kB assembler code for some project in the year 1991-1993. It somewhat reminds me Rockwell 6502 micro which had a lot of addressing modes (both micros were derived from 6809 if I'm not wrong). There was also Motorola ICE for 6805(MVI or some like this). Regards,Yossi

Reply to
ysrebrnik

I think you are just a little wrong - the 68HC05 was derived from the

6800 and 6802 as was the 6809. The 6809 was really nice - I used one in a tester for analogue telephone line repeaters. About 32k of assembler.

I used the 68HC05(in other telecoms test stuff) as the first CMOS processor we could get (and actually wanted to use) but I had to make my own ICE for it.

The 6809 line wasn't developed further and the 6800 architecture evolved into the 68HC11 which was a big success in automotive. I designed those into an adaptive suspension controller for Rolls Royce (cars).

Happy days ! (anyone remember the Motorola Exorset development machine ?)

Michael Kellett

Reply to
MK

At least the ICE was extremely sensitive to static electricity. With all equipment on the bench tied together with heavy grounding wire (including the operator and his chair) on an antistatic carpet, but still the system might trip. Pushing two chairs together (with no galvanic connection anywhere) a few meters from the Exoset could cause a trip.

I have never had similar problems with Intellecs.

Reply to
upsidedown
[...]

I still have an EXORciser II (2 MHz 6800 processor) in working condition... :-)

Reply to
Bjarne Bäckström

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nospam.co.uk says... .......

Yes for 6809 development for TV studio video effects controller about

1983.

Once a week having issues with the floppy controller and manually rebuilding SAT - Storage Allocation Tables as had habit of screwing them no matter how many backup copies we did.

    PC Services
  Raspberry Pi Add-ons
 Timing Diagram Font
  GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny
 For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul

I do, we had also Exormacs.

Reply to
Lanarcam

Any one know of a current repository of old Motorola / Freescale software, printed instructions, programming tools. I have most of the software from the Freescale site, but lack some printed / software for development systems I have.

I have both "printed docs & software" for a Motorola M68HC05PGMR development board. I lack any "printed docs & software" for a Motorola M68HC705CICS development board. I would like to migrate software from M68HC705C8A dip to MC68HC705C9ACFNE PLCC chips Bill Rueth

William Rueth

We still support our old 68HC05 development tools. The old header files for the parts probably contain most of the information you need for the parts.

I have some old manuals buried away in bankers boxes that would likely help.

Contact me off line with specific questions and I might be able to help with some of the answers.

Walter Banks Byte Craft Limited

Reply to
Walter Banks

Very much so, though the machine I did some work on in 1985 was the later iteration with twin floppies and keyboard in an all in one box ?. 6809 based, fwir. for a 6800 based refuelling system, all in assembler, at Smiths in Basingstoke.

I bought the 68000 ecb in 1983 ish. Cost around 550 ukp, a fortune at the time, 6MHz processor and 32K ram, but a very capable rom monitor with single line assembler / disassembler. Hardware easily expanded via wirewrap vero boards. One of the best career investments I ever made and got me into

68K based and other assignments :-).

Happy days indeed...

Chris

Reply to