25LC1024 SEEPROM

So I was looking through the DigiKey catalog to see how large a serial EEPROM I could get, and found the Microchop 25LC1024, a

128K by 8. I try to order one and was told "August". ??? Damn!

So then I try the similar Atmel part, with no luck, then the

32K by 8 chip from both manufacturers too.

So who is sucking up all these parts? Or has DigiKey just jumped the gun putting them in their catalog and these chips are just not soup yet?

Gary Peek Industrologic, Inc.

Reply to
Gary Peek

No 24LC256? That's strange. I got a dozen or so from DigiKey 3-4 months ago.

Reply to
Michael

Dear Gary Peek

Have a look at

We've got 25x1024 in production.

Reto Felix

Reply to
Reto Felix

Why don't you try DataFlash from Atmel. (AT45xxx) they have got parts up to 64mbits on SPI.

Piotr

Uzytkownik "Gary Peek" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@mycompanyname.com...

Reply to
www.elitel.pl

They have 38 part numbers of 256K-1M serial EEPROMS in stock, including over 10,000 24LC256-I/SN (SOIC-8) and 560 Atmel AT25P1024W1-10SI-2.7 (SOIC-20). The former is I2C, the latter SPI.

I2C is still more popular than the faster SPI for SEEPROMs, and 24x parts are generally cheaper than 25x parts.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Thanks for the ideas folks, but I was not specific enough: DIP, nore specifically, 8 pin. (Yes, I know....)