Subject Author Posted Replies

How to change linux host name and alias name
I would like to know how to change my Linux host name and also give it an alias name. For example, it will have a formal name "EBGP- @CPE00400501f9a6:", and also an alias such as "FileServer001". Is...
2
2

Condition code generation in library..
Hi friends, I have some C Source file such as Serial.c, Modbus.c, Ring_Buffer.c My aim is to create a .lib file in Keil uv4 for Cortex m3. Some function contains the #ifdef type conditional code's....
10
10

Design for hackability
Hi, For folks designing *consumer* kit... What, if any, considerations are given to encouraging, discouraging, facilitating or *preventing* the "hacking/repurposing" of your products? And, the reasons...
22
22

DE FACTO STANDARD 8051 C COMPILER AND PCB LAYOUT S.W.?
Getting back into uc after a long Sabbatical. When I ventured into other things, Keil C compiler/assember was the standard 8051 varient s.w. Also, Protel was a very viable printed circuit board layout...
40
40

ECN mag videos
looks like they have 130 brief videos. The ones I saw seem to be from ESC Boston. kinda interesting.

Fall in input signal level at input pin of TPA6211
hi, I am connecting +ve input of the Audio Amplifier (TPA2611) to ground through 10k resistance in series with a capacitor (value same as that of the resistor and capacitor connected in series with...

Who's using Cortex M3 devices by ATMEL?
I made some projects using some ATM91SAM7 devices (S256 and now obsolete A3) and now I need something speedier/bigger to let this design grow. The best solution is to go with the ATSAM3 family (I...
1
1

Addenda to Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems
If you navigate to you will find that I have started adding end-of-chapter exercises to the supplementary material for "Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems". They're a work-in-progress, so...

I asked this before about 8051 core chips
You-all came through. However, I was overwhelmed yet, I still haven't found what I need. I am looking for an 8051 uc that has lots of flash and lots of ram and an internal rtc and some a/d and d/a....
26
26

Re: USB Interface: ULPI or Controller? Microblaze? IP Core?
A brief skim of the ISP1761 data sheet suggests that you will need some sort of processor, and - for a Xilinx FPGA - MicroBlaze would be a good choice. JFDI! ---------------------------------------...
1
1

About flash memory
One of the boards I am working on has a 16-bit STMicro NOR flash. According to the datasheet, four cycles are required to program the flash through software. 1) 0x555 = 0xAA 2) 0x2AA = 0x55 3) 0x555 =...
3
3

OT: bad sector remapping
Hi, I'm putting together a laptop for a friend. Clean install of XP. Add required drivers, etc. At this point, I would normally take a snapshot of the disk (restoring from snapshot is *much* quicker...
23
23

Embedded Graphical User Interface (GUI) Engineer (John Deere - Des Moines, Iowa)
HI everyone, I represent John Deere IT and am looking for an Embedded Graphical User Interface (GUI) Engineer to work in our state of the art Des Moines, Iowa facility working on the latest technology...

Sampling, Again -- Updates
I'm starting a new thread (from "Sampling: What Nyquist Didn't Say, and What to Do About It"), because the old one rapidly filled up with all sorts of interesting stuff that I didn't want to detract...
40
40

RT/embedded OS use poll
Greetings, I am examining a case for a new RT/embedded OS in today's situation. I would like to get a simple YES/NO answer from embedded developers. Suppose that you are starting a new project. You...
33
33