12f675 transmission range

Hello - totally knew to this kind of work (15 year veteran C++ programmer electronics tech). What is the approx. transmission range of this IC with the D0420 RX chip? 5 feet? 20 feet? 50 feet? Does anyone know the approx. physical data range?

Thank you Walt

Reply to
Walt

The following is from tests I performed with the Microchip rfPIC12F675 / rfRXD0420 system:

Distance Measurements for RF Transmitter/Receiver Sets

1.. Using the 315MHz transmitter and receiver modules, the maximum, line-of-sight distance of separation for a valid response was measured at

190 Feet. 2.. Using the 433.92MHz transmitter and receiver modules, the maximum, line-of-sight distance of separation for a valid response was measured at 490 Feet. Notes: The approximate height of transmitter and receiver modules was 2 1/2' from the ground. This was using new batteries.

I hope this helps.

Dave

Reply to
starfire

Thank you so much for the reply - exactly what I wanted to see. Line of sight only - I assume then, that 50' (maximum for my purposes) with minor obstructions would work really well.

programmer

Reply to
Walt

While I didn't document exact measurements made inside a building (an office/cubicle environment with partition obstructions), I did do some tests successfully.

I observed good results up to about 100' with the 433.92MHz set in going through several (> 4) layers of office partition.

Dave

Reply to
starfire