weerstandsbaan

Hi. What does "weestandsbaan" mean? Anything to do with a potentiometer? Thanks.

Reply to
Rich

"Rich" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

This can mean anything wat have resistance Weerstand = resistance

--
CU, Rob

www.modelbouw.gompy.net
Skype: gompy-akm2
Reply to
Rob / gompy.net

"Rich" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Yes, the coal 3/4 of a circle inside the potentiometer is a weerstandsbaan. Like Rob said, weerstand=resistor. I can add that a "baan" is something like a track or a road (also a job but that is a completely different meaning), I think the word "stripe" can be used as well (like in a landing stripe).

Yours sincerely, Rene

Reply to
Rene

Weerstandsbaan (dutch) = koolbaan (dutch) = carbon track (english) Weerstandsbaan also can be the track of a wirewound resistor/potentiometer.

Dictionary of Technical Terms

can be very helpfull translating dutch to english and vise versa.

--
Edward
Reply to

It is the name for the black carbon part, literally translated: resistance track.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.
Reply to