info wanted on tapes for vintage VCR system N1500 / N1700

What I'd really like to know is if prerecorded video tapes existed for these things, for sale or for rent. With commercial releases like films?

I don't need to have it, if anyone could just tell me from own experience if such a thing existed that'd be great.

(I am very curious what was released in those days, if it's monty python please let me know. As it is a good test case I have started a small collection of monty python on betamax, VCD, CDI, video 2000, CED, etc.)

Reply to
RW

"RW" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

In the 80's I saw I lot of these tapes at my highschool (especially tapes about WW2 in history class). But of course this was here in the netherlands, so the system was PAL. It may be that they were only available here, als because Philips (the inventor of these systems and video2000) is of course a dutch company Even then the tapes were very old and of poor quality, due to wear and tear, and a lot of these tapes were gifts from other schools that abandonded their old tapes.

I think it was a hobby project of one of the staff that they still had the old system

Marcel B

Reply to
Marcel B

"Marcel B" schreef in bericht news:cv83m0$f4v$ snipped-for-privacy@reader13.wxs.nl...

I have never ever seen film releases on VCR 1500 and 1700. Bear in mind that the max playing time for 1500 was just 1 hour, not even fit for a feature film.

Maybe for educational purposes some material could be found on them.

BTW: was there such a thing as commercial releases for SONY U-matic. Also this system was limited to 1 hour playing time. ruud

Reply to
Der Rudi

True, but for super 8 this problem was solved by cutting films into very short versions. So it could have been possible... all collectors on the internet focus on the machinery, very little on what people recorded on it.

Reply to
RW