X1 Charge Pro for Ni_MH Defective?

Many months ago I bought an X1 (Xl?) battery charger with four Ni-MH batteries. I put the batteries in (correctly), and plug the unit into a wall plug with the rotatable two prongs (male). I wait about 10 hours, and the batteries show no sign of life. Maybe I threw away some part of this. It has a DC12 plut on the side. I don't recall getting any wall wart with this. If that's the key, then what's the AC plug for?

                       Most vehicle/deer accidents occur at sunset.
                          Vehicle deer whistles are ineffective.

                         Web Page:
Reply to
W. Wat son