Word for making a bad connection?

What's the word for connecting something live and causing the connection to make and break several times rapidly, possibly damaging the equipment?

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.
Reply to

Splash ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

Contact bounce. Switch bounce. Caused by elastic components bouncing like a rubber ball.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Intermittent.

Reply to
jon

Contact bounce, that sounds good.

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.
Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I wasn't using the bulb in my bath.

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.
Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That would do, dunno why I didn't think of that. I also like "contact bounce" as suggested by someone else.

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.
Reply to
Commander Kinsey

------------------------------

** Fumbling
Reply to
Phil Allison

Delirium Tremens

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

-------------------------

** LOL !!!

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

If a large inductive load :- fireworks , ball-lightning perhaps

--
Global sea level rise to 2100 from curve-fitted existing altimetry data
Reply to

arc de triumph

Reply to
Andy Bennet