What is your opinion of this 9 volt 900maH li-ion battery?

Claims the nominal voltage is 8.4 and it's good for 1200 cycles. Made in China by Etinesan. Priced at $9.59 with free shipping. Sounds like a deal to me.

Bill Bowden

Tenergy has a 9 V 350 mAh Li-ion battery that seems to sell for about $4 to $6:

Unless the Etinesan one is some other chemistry, I would be suspicious of the 900 mAh claim.

If I follow my standard rechargeable battery derating formula of "salesman number * 0.25 = actual performance", the Etinesan cell would be about 225 mAh, which seems closer to reality for Li-ion.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

I found a small used Li-ion, very thin cell-phone type (3.7 volt) that weighs about half as much as a 9 volt alkaline, and measures about 800 mAh.. But it's only half the voltage. It seems possible to cram 2 of these into a

9 volt package and end up with same weight as the 9 volt unit with the same 800 mAh capacity. I guess I'll have to buy one to find out. I just hate spending $10 to find out it's over-rated.

Bill Bowden

On Tue, 5 May 2015 20:31:34 -0700, "Bill Bowden" wrote as underneath :

The nominal of a 2 series cell Li-ion battery would be 3.7*2=7.4v The 8.4 comes from the maximum allowable charged cell voltage 4.20*2. I wouldnt call this a 9v battery at all, it would never even reach 9v without shortening the life of the cells! C+

Reply to
Charlie+

On Tue, 26 May 2015 08:38:32 +0100, Charlie+ wrote as underneath :

Also it would be physically impossible to pack a Li-ion cell of 900mAh capacity into 50% of a PP3 Battery! C+

Reply to
Charlie+

My bet is that this is NiMH inside. 8.4=7*1.2, the nominal NiMH voltage...

Pere

Reply to
o pere o

Check the negative feedback for the seller for the past 6 months. It appears someone bought the same battery you are considering, and was not happy.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett