What does 1. reading mean when check resistance

When I have my scale set to 200, what does a 1. reading mean?

Reply to
AK

"Out of range" - the resistance is greater than 200

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Thanks.

Reply to
AK

Get yourself an assortment of resistors, then after some time measuring known values you will have a good understanding of resistance measurement with your meter.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Sounds good.

Reply to
AK

And you'll get a better understanding of what tolerance means, especially with two resistors of "equal" value. If you have more than one meter you can try the same measurement with both and get a better appreciation of what accuracy means.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I am also getting a breadboard with jumper wires.

And an 8 Pin DIP IC PCB Board Sockets Adapter so I don't fry my chip.

Andy

Reply to
AK

Sounds like your just getting into electronics. Good for you. Don't be afraid to ask anything here, even if someone flames you. Keep playing, just don't dont't get electrocuted, though I got shocked many times as a kid, back then there was tubes and lotsa volts!

Reply to
S Deyoreo

Thanks.

I have a very healthy respect for electricity especially AC.

Andy

I remember my father going to a store to use the machine to test tubes and then buy new ones.

I think it was for our TV.

Reply to
AK

Oh, those were the good old days! Old timers say: Real radios glow in the dark.

Reply to
S Deyoreo