Type of resistence

Controlled-impedance ones sure so. And few cool parts are available any more in thru-hole, so a PCB is necessary to do any serious prototyping. You can sometimes get away with adapters, like the Bellin things, and a lot of wire, but a PCB saves a lot of time for nontrivial stuff. And, as noted, you can add a lot of other useful gidgets to the layout, saw them off, do fun things with them off to the side.

You don't design PCBs?

It's an _Electronics_Discussion_Group!

Possibly so. It's too complex for me to do the numbers, and I don't own a 3D EM simulator. The experiment is my bottom line for now, and it shows that the inverted resistor has less HF parasitics.

No. I measured the entire net effect, and that's all I need and all I have time for.

John

Fair enough, but your electronic credibility certainly suffers when
you refuse to admit to error when it's staring you in the face.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Unless it's trivial, not any more.

I do the dimensioning, and maybe parts placement, but I leave the
non-critical routing to a PCB design outfit here in town.
Reply to
John Fields

I never denied that it changes. I said that it's too complex to solve analytically, and I don't have the EM simulation software to evaluate it. My estimate is that most of the impedance change can be explained by the increased loop area, hence inductance, of the "standard" mounting method. My bottom line is the reality of the impedance difference, which I measured and posted.

All you've done, all you ever do, is whine.

John

Do you possibly think you and JF could meet somwhere away from us mere mortals and continue your absolutly OFF TOPIC discussion in private, Please :'(

--
John G.
Reply to

What have you contributed to this thread?

If you don't like what we post, why are you reading our posts?

And what's OFF TOPIC about discussing the behavior of resistors in an electronics newsgroup?

John

John Larkin formulated on Monday :

Well your diatribe has nothing to do with the OP's original question.

--
John G.
Reply to

--- A liar, having lied once, finds lying easier and easier with each lie and a lie, no matter how often repeated, remains a lie.

Was it once upon a time Liarkin and you decided to drop the 'i'?

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields
[snip]