TV audio - Filtering audio to reduce background sounds

Many sports events on television have the backgrond sounds "piped in" at such a loud level that the voices of the announcers can not be understood much of the time.

Is there a way to reduce the level of the background sounds on tv audio?

Reply to
mgritenour

Yes, its quite simple. Turn off the TV and do something more productive with your time till they stop doing stupid things like this. I used to love NASCAR and IROC racing, but they have the races so screwed up that I would rather toss the TV in the trash than watch ANY race. If enough people stop watching this crap they will change the way they do the shows.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Is there any way to unbreak an egg ?

No. Complain to the tv producers.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

typically, no.

If the event is live turn off the sound and listen to the radio commentary.

--
Bye.
   Jasen
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jasen Betts

Maybe you should check your hearing at a doctor. Often this is the sign of hearing loss either because of age or because of trauma from firecrackers, gunshots or extensive high sound pressure levels. Otherwise I share my opinion with Michael this time, I have abandoned TV for a couple of years and don't miss it. BTW the same is true with women.

--
ciao Ban
Apricale, Italy

Women gave you hearing loss ? ;-)

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

when they command. And not only that, but money, friends, freedom, time, fun loss... :-( Last year my GF threw me out. And after the first shock it has turned into a blessing so far. I slimmed down 20kg, found new friends, can go out whenever I feel like and could even visit any off-limits places(not that I do). Not only that, but small things: No more visits from the mother-in-law, listen to the music *I* like, stay in pyjamas all day, make a mess, pee standing, drink and smoke how much and where I want, fart, swear, visit that nice Danish girl (19 yrs younger), invite my neighbor lady (27 yrs younger) for lunch... shall I continue? I wonder why I was so stupid not to see it for sooo long, but it must have been those hormons, and Mammas conditioning.

--
ciao Ban
Apricale, Italy

I'm pleased to hear it's worked out so well for you. A bit of attention from the young girls can be very rejuvenating !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I afraid that it's way too late. That garbage too pervasive now and won't change til the kids outgrow it.

Mike

Reply to
Mike